Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week of Nov 16, 2015

Editorial Note - Austin's emails the last two weeks have been short.  This post combines the last two weeks of noteworthy comments

November 10

Everything here is going great like always, Its the same thing week after week but hey, only two more weeks from yesterday, and Ill be out in the field! I can give basic lessons without writing anything down now. And can hold a conversation in Spanish for awhile, I definitely feel like I'm learning and growing a lot, except most people in my district feel like they aren't, and are way tired of the CCM. But I honestly love it here because I mean, its a lot less of a big deal to mess up here than it is in the field. And I am going to use every moment i have here to improve. 

November 17


My week was good! Same old same old. Language study, gospel study, and teaching investigators. Nothing really new. But my Spanish is definitely coming along really well! This is my last week at the CCM, by next Monday Ill be in the field! So exciting! 

Last night was the first time I actually had to sit down and have a talk with an Elder as Zone Leader. He hasn't been applying himself at all. So I had to sit down and help him out and it made me think that that must have been what it was like whenever i wouldn't apply myself back home. I see so much potential in him and he doesn't apply it. Thank you for always helping me through tough times. 

As ZL me and my comp teach half of our priesthood meeting. In Spanish. It definitely is tough preparing all these lessons for investigators, talks for Sunday, and a half hour lesson in Priesthood. But hey, it helps with the Spanish anyways. 

At sacrament our branch president shared a poem called something like Two footprints in the Sand. It was basically about this lady who had a dream that she was walking with the savior on a beach, and in the sky flashed all the moments in her life. At the end of their walk, she looked back and realized that at some points there was only one set of footprints, and these were the hardest saddest times of her life. She asked the Lord, Why would you abandon me at my hardest times? And responded that the reason there was only one set of footprints was because during those times in her life, he carried her.

We need to remember to ALWAYS rely on the Lord. Always.

Love You All 

Elder Butler

We didnt do much this past week, so not very many pictures. Sorry!


My poor attempt at drawing the mountain out my window 



The soccer field behind my dorm every morning

No comments:

Post a Comment