Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1, 2016 "It's Already February?"

Editors Note - January was a pretty lean month for emails from Austin.  Most email's home were a paragraph, so the blog has not been updated.  Today we received a decent email from him with some pictures.

Hey Family! 

Lets see, this week has been up and down like always but great! We have been working way hard and had a baptism on saturday for one of the most solid converts Ive met! Her name is Berenice, (yeah I still can barely pronounce her name). But we taught her all the lessions and then we showed her the restoration video, and after she had this funny look on her face. She looked at us and said "Its true. Its true." It was great! 

But at her baptism, well okay, I started teaching english lessons this past saturday, so we got to the capilla at 4. Started the water and started teaching my class. (Two people showed up) the baptism was at 5 so it was cutting it close anyways. And a about 4:45 my comp tells me that the church is out of water. So an investigator said hey I have a bunch of water lets go to my house! So we got in his little buick. Put a huge drum inhis trunk, then filled it with water from his well. Drove way slowly back to the church. We did this like three times or so. Thats when the bishop realized why we had no water at the hurch. The electric breaker for the pump was off. But earlier, my comp was the one that turned it off...I questioned him why we woud turn it off, and he said oh its just supposed to be flipped off. So I trusted him. I mean hes been in this ward for almost 7 months. Ive been here 2. So yeah that ws an adventure. The baptism finally started at 7:30. Ill send a pic after my comp sends it to me. 

Lets see, the spanish is coming along pretty well! Im able to activly participate in lessons and contact fully on my own! 

Oh and two more weeks and we have changes! So that means a new comp! Yeah my comp is great but, he gets on my nerves occasionaly after living with him for the past 2 months or so. But Im loving it! The people are great! They are so nice! The moment they hear that ive been sick they ofer every remedy and fruit they have. Oh the doctor said that i have "Colitis" so ive been taking some pills for that. So hopefully that helps! 

The weather is pretty great right now, not too cold anymore, just a little chilly in the mornings. 

Oh and alot of times ill overhear people talking about me assuming I dont know any spanish. And yeah thats the best thing ever! 

Oh and I think im going to talk with Pres about going and getting some glasses, because my eyesight has tanked here. People say its probably from the polution. But yeah Ill let you know how all that goes! 

Love,
Elder Butler

Me and a pineapple tree. Inside joke with the mission

When you get bored writing in your journal

We went to downtown mexico city again today, and took some solid pics!

You know that tricycle thing nacho libre has? This is me taking a selfie riding in one. Ft. Elder Millar from Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment